By Brett W. Lear
Programming is a vital technique of not just drawing new humans to the library but in addition greater serving present consumers. Lear s worthy consultant to grownup courses is back---and higher than ever, with refreshed, increased content material and new rules to reinvigorate courses and provides them a 21st-century spin. This version includes
- Updated chapters on fundamentals akin to investment, crafting guidance, subject choice, exposure, post-program reviews, and more
- A new part on know-how, with rules for on-line e-book discussions, supplying courses through Skype, and turning courses into podcasts
- Methods for tailoring courses for particular teams, corresponding to males, child boomers, and seniors
- A selection of "five-star" courses from libraries round the state that may be simply adapted
Walking the reader via each element of grownup programming, this re-creation of a tried-and-true ebook is actually a librarian s ally.
Read or Download Adult Programs in the Library PDF
Similar library & information science books
Agile librarians love their paintings and are preferred for it. they've got services within the perform in their occupation and within the enterprise of gaining and holding impression, in addition to in potent advertising and public family. this beneficial guide describes and illustrates confirmed tips on how to get your library and data prone the eye and help they deserve.
Mentoring is not just one other component to being a superb worker. It s necessary to the continued wellbeing and fitness of an establishment: the sharing of data and event not just is helping much less senior staff enhance their activity abilities yet transforms managers into more advantageous leaders. famous reference librarian and researcher Lee bargains librarians in any respect degrees either her adventure and her rules approximately setting up a proper mentoring technique on the library.
In Theorizing electronic Cultural background, specialists provide a severe and theoretical appraisal of the makes use of of electronic media by way of cultural historical past associations. prior discussions of cultural background and electronic know-how have left the topic mostly unmapped when it comes to severe conception; the essays during this quantity provide this long-missing viewpoint at the demanding situations of utilizing electronic media within the examine, upkeep, administration, interpretation, and illustration of cultural background.
- The Practice of Typography: A Treatise on the Processes of Type-making, the Point System, the Names, Sizes, Styles and Prices of Plain Printing Types
- Virtual Knowledge: Experimenting in the Humanities and the Social Sciences
- Important Numismatics Books
- Becoming a Researcher: A Research Companion for the Social Sciences (Conducting Educational Research)
Additional info for Adult Programs in the Library
7. Ethel Himmel and William James Wilson with the ReVision Committee of the Public Library Association, Planning for Results: A Public Library Transformation Process: The How-To Manual (Chicago: American Library Association, 1998), 37, G-1. Endnotes 8. Sandra S. Nelson for the Public Library Association, The New Planning for Results: A Streamlined Approach (Chicago: American Library Association, 2001), 41. 1. : Libraries Unlimited, 1987), 37. 2.
Statistics such as these will give you an idea of the popularity of the various topics offered in the past. If your evaluation forms ask patrons to recommend future programs, you will gain insight into additional programming possibilities. Look at State and National Resources Your library very likely submits reports to your state library. These reports may be available via the Web. You might also have copies of the reports in your collection. It isn’t unusual for these reports to contain information on the number of programs that were offered in a given year, the attendance, and the attendance per capita.
Changes can be made. But it will definitely help you set goals and project your spending. This calendar is a kind of strategic plan. A plan can only help you if you intend to ask a group—such as your Friends group or library foundation—for money. Potential funders are impressed by proposals that show them what you intend to do, when you will do it, and how much it will cost. They may have suggestions, but this only verifies that you have gotten their attention and interest. While we’re busy making tables and such, I’ll mention another piece of record keeping that can be very helpful.